Monday 1 April 2013

The best songs of the moment

Here are my favourite songs from the past year or so. The Youtube playlist is here.

All are highly recommended. My rules were to try and pick thirty, but there are thirty nine here- I couldn't whittle it down. My other rule was to include only one track by that artist. Unfortunately, I haven't stuck to those rules. There are two Bat For Lashes tracks in the below list; and there are three separate occasions where St Vincent appears. Both Natasha and Annie are amazing; don't you dare ask for me to choose one or the other!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

YEASAYER- Folk Hero Schtick
EVERYTHING EVERYTHING- Kemosabe
GRIZZLY BEAR- A Simple Answer
THE MACCABEES- Child
KINDNESS- Gee Up
ST VINCENT- Krokodil
FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE- Breaking Down
MADNESS- Misery
DAVID BRYNE FEAT. ST VINCENT- Weekend In The Dust
FEIST- Graveyard
FOALS- Inhaler
BAT FOR LASHES- Laura
BAT FOR LASHES- All Your Gold
SARAH BLASKO- I Awake
METRONOMY- Hypnose
SYLVER TONGUE- Something Big
GLASS ANIMALS- Cocoa Hooves
MYSTERY JETS- The Hale Bop
ANDREW BIRD- Luisitania
WILLY MASON- I Got Gold
THE WALKMEN- Heaven
BEN FOLDS FIVE- Do It Anyway
THE FUTUREHEADS- Man Ray
TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB- Sun
HAIM- Forever
DARWIN DEEZ- Free (Editiorial Me)
MOUNTAIN MAN- Sewee Sewee
BEIRUT- Vagabond
GWILYM GOLD- Lust For Sale
LISA HANNIGAN- Knots
CAT POWER- Cherokee
SLOW CLUB- Beginners
TAME IMPALA- Elephant
ACTIVE CHILD- Hanging On
VILLAGERS- Nothing Arrived
EFTERKLANG- Hollow Mountain


No comments:

Post a Comment