Wednesday 17 February 2016

Reeves & Mortimer. Hammersmith Apollo. 15th February 2016.

Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer made me laugh so hard that my head nearly fell off. 


There were times when I laughed so much that I missed the next half a dozen jokes, at the Hammersmith Apollo, on the penultimate night of their 25th anniversary tour.

There was a wonderful moment early in the set where Vic answered the telephone and no one was there. The manner in which he did so consigned me to fits of laughter, uncontrollable. 

I didn't realise how funny Vic Reeves was, live and onstage. During the Dr Shakamoto sketch onstage he looked like he was only trying to make Bob laugh, consequently causing the ripples of laugher to increase in the audience. 

The audience featured some heavyweight names in the world of British comedy. Frank Skinner, Rhys Thomas and Noel Fielding (along with his brother) were all spotted, showing what a broad influence these characters have. 

"The man with a stick" and "Geordie Jeans" were my favourite sketches of the evening. Seeing Ulrika Jonsson in the video package a nice nod to work of theirs in the past. Indeed, the last act of the evening was the "Dove from Above" segment from Shooting Stars. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment