Monday 19 March 2012

Female Singer Songwriters Playlist

Here is a playlist containing my favourite female singer songwriters. There are some brilliantly talented women in this playlist. I've bookended this with Armatrading and Vega; like the Pillars of Rock; they are the Pillars of Female Singer Songwriters. It is not an exhaustive list by any means. If I've missed any, that you think should be included; then let me know!

You'll find the 18 track Youtube playlist here:


1)Joan Armatrading- Down to Zero

2)Laura Marling- My Manic and I

3)Sarah Blasko- All I Want

4)Feist- My Moon my Man

5)Florence and the Machine- My Boy Builds Coffins

6)Charlotte Hatherley- Bastardo

7)Lykke Li- Breaking It Up

8)PJ Harvey- Down by the Water

9)Joan as a Policewoman- The Ride

10)Lisa Hannigan- What'll I Do

11)Keren Ann- Sailor and Widow

12)Rose Elinor Dougall- Carry On

13)Rae Morris- Day One

14)Joanna Newsom- Good Intentions Paving Company

15)Bat For Lashes- Prescilla

16)St Vincent- Marrow

17)Suzanne Vega- Marlene on the Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment